................................We are 8 quilters inspiring and challenging each other while having loads of fun playing in fabric!..........

Monday, February 13, 2012

String hearts for February challenge

String hearts, 8.5 by 19.5

I played with some red strings to make hearts

machine quilted hearts into the background
and bordered it with a ric rac fabric

and hung it in my front hallway.
I know Victoria asked us to give our challenge quilt to someone who wouldn't expect it,
but I kept this one for two reasons:
my son's birthday is on Valentine's Day
and I give nearly everything else away.

5 comments:

  1. I love the red contrasted with the green, like in the last one as well. I may have to pull some of my green bin and see how it plays with the red bin......glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love these hearts and the way you created the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartstrings! What a great idea. Happy Birthday to Sonny!!! I's sure he has a special place in your heart, Brenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! You did it so fast! Happy bday to the boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice, and I don't blame you for keeping it. A valentine for your ownself is never a bad thing! Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We appreciate your KIND words! leave an email address if you want us to respond.