I took this photo a while ago in the hopes of developing it for the April challenge. I knew I wanted to play with the designs in the openings, but not just leave them so symmetrical. I also wanted to play with color. I have made a few sketches, and today I finally started the project with fabric.
This is just the start. I have some other fabric pulled to build more color. I used KF Targets as the peek-a-boo fabric, and I like the way the design stayed in the background. It gives me the feeling I wanted of looking through a fence at something hidden, but wonderful. I don't want to lose that when I add on, so I am going to look at it for a while before proceeding.