Right now, it is 40" x 18". I am liking it as a wall hanging, but will wait a couple of days to finish it until I decide. So far, I have learned a few things from this project.
1. It is important to pay attention to your light and dark values and make sure I get some contrast that adds excitement.
2. Stripes and dots can work very effectively together.
3. Tearing the fabric instead of cutting it with a roller blade saves time, but gives weak edges in loosely woven fabric.
4. It is hard for me to stick with just five colors.
5. I am easily discouraged when I forget that I am doing this for myself.
6. I really love these colors and these fabrics, but I don't really want a big quilt of them. A wall hanging is just perfect.
When I finish this, I will be hand quilting it with pearl cotton.