................................We are 8 quilters inspiring and challenging each other while having loads of fun playing in fabric!..........

Friday, December 2, 2011

Last Take on Card Trick


I think I'm finished ... backed, self-binding, quilted ... maybe a little more quilting here & there as I study it from time to time. I took this as one project on a weekend away in PA with some quilting friends. All were quite complimentary on the piece but I found it interesting when someone asked, What are you going to do with it? And my response was, I don't know ... it was just a challenge. Two people voiced their opinion that they would never embark on making a quilt with no purpose in mind. I explained that it was the process, the making of it that intrigued me. I don't think they understood.




5 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like the way you added little bits of not blue in here and there. They really add to the visual interest, which is already very high. I run into people all the time who wouldn't dream of starting a quilt project without knowing where it was going when finished. I agree with you, though. It is all about the process for me, too. By the way, what size did this quilt come out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the mystery quilt at a guild each year and get that. No fun in playing along at all if they don't know exactly what the outcome will be. One wanted to know how much time it would take HER specifically. I had no idea.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Nearly every quilt I make starts out without the "finish" in mind. I guess its the difference of painting and "painting by number." For me the product is not the point, although I really love the quilts I've finished. I love your quilt, especially the quilting. It really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often start out with a quilt in mind, but it seldom turns out that way....sometimes better, sometimes not so good....those are my UFO's. Glad you made yours work. It is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We appreciate your KIND words! leave an email address if you want us to respond.