Thursday, August 4, 2011
Settled on mustard
I started out thinking I would use the gray and turquoise. I left it on the way for a day, and decided it wasn't working for me. There is way too much gray in the PNW for me to add a gray quilt. So, I decided to go with a mustardy yellow.
I liked this much better for me. I started sewing all the smaller units together, then added the sashing bars. As I put it on the design way, I realized I wanted a bigger quilt, so I added more sashing between blocks. I also added solid blocks and arranged it to look like a tic tac toe board.
It is still a bit small, so I think I will added more green to the outside. I haven't sewn any of the sashing yet, so that may change. I did think about arranging the blocks so there was a cross of the Echo fabric. I may try that later and see if I like it. I am not a huge fan of symmetry, though, so it will probably stay in this arrangement. We'll see what happens tomorrow.