................................We are 8 quilters inspiring and challenging each other while having loads of fun playing in fabric!..........

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Block #3 and then some

Today, I spent a little bit of time constructing a copy of block #2 so I could alter it.  Here it is for reference.


As I was construction each quadrant, I had a brainstorm, of sorts.  I decided now was a good time to add pieces for an inner border.  After I got each quadrant put together, I found that I could put them together in four different ways.

I think these are all sort of interesting.  I think I will make all four using different colors and built a small quilt with them plus the original two.  If I get really ambitious, I may try a few more variations.  I can already see a couple that would be naturals.  Hmmmm.  I hope I can find more of that green since I would like to keep it as the unifying color, but if I can't, I will just have to find something else.  I do love to consider the possibilities.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Miki, you're really tearin' it up! Those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... each design is interesting ... so many possibilities with your blocks ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We appreciate your KIND words! leave an email address if you want us to respond.