Friday, September 9, 2011
I dug through my solids and found enough to create at least eight blocks in colors I like. I decided I was going to do this right, finally. I measured carefully, cut carefully, sewed carefully, and pressed carefully. It paid off on a block with only one lost point! Of course, I had to make two because I have decided to cut mine apart for the second apparition. I interpreted the challenge as making each block as a variation of the one just before it. So, without further ado, I give you number 2.
I cut the copy of the first block in quarters. I then rotated each square until I got this pattern. I can already see a much easier way to recreate this block for the next step. I am not sure what comes next, but it will be fun. I will have to switch colors a bit, but that will be just as much fun. I don't know where this is going to lead me, or how long I will keep going, but I am now over the first hump. Cause for celebration around here.