................................We are 8 quilters inspiring and challenging each other while having loads of fun playing in fabric!..........

Thursday, September 8, 2011

learning

 I learned something about myself today...

Rarely do I pick out a particular group of fabrics, 
and lay them out in a planned 
quilt sort of way and make blocks.
Anytime I have done this, I never finished the quilt... I realized, 
I am not actually good at this.
I tend to put every color together, 50 different fabrics all in one block and away I go... 
For me trying to pick THREE to use... Made me insane... 
I screwed up my first block, then took it apart to fix it, screwed it up again.... 
and well, this block went in to the trash... after I crumpled it up...

I do, of course, realize I didn't NEED to just PICK three, 
I just thought it was a fun way to start,
since it's a different way for me to work, so why not?
I like a challenge... usually!
 I cut up 8 different fabrics trying to get a  triad I liked...
HST's anyone?  I have a bunch!
Alas, I got the FIRST block done.  I started at 8 it's now noon. eek! sorry 1pm.
I messed this up too... I ran out of orange and had to piece fabric 
together after I cut the orange 
the wrong size... sigh.

Now to go about my usual way on all the others! LOL!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to work on sewing today. but life once again got in the way. Maybe tonight, the Saints play and all the guys are going to watch it. I have no interest in a team that lost for 35 years then had one winning season. Well, don't have any interest in football at all for that matter

    glen: sewing is my sport

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block was a learning experience for me too. I finally figured out "MY way".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hilarious! I can just see you wadding that one up and pitching it. My sister does that occasionally, only when she does, she also lights the trash bin on fire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We appreciate your KIND words! leave an email address if you want us to respond.